Dual Ion Beam Deposition (DIBD)
The scia Coat 500 is designed for homogeneous coating of high precision optics. Typical applications of the system are multilayer films for X-ray mirrors and filter coatings.
The scia Coat 500 applies a beam from a linear ion beam source onto a rectangular sputter target. This linear geometry provides a good homogeneity of the deposited film in one dimension. Meanwhile, the sample is moved on a linear axis in a direction perpendicular to the beam’s profile, thereby contributing to homogeneity or defined gradients of the coating in the second dimension.
In addition the sample stage is equipped with a spin rotation and a changeable shaper system (up to 4 shapers) in front of the sample stage.
- Superposition of substrate rotation and linear movement
- Aperture technique e.g. for lateral layer thickness distribution and material-dependent homogenization
- Rectangular sputter and assist ion beam sources
- Primary ion source with concave grid for focused linear ion profile on the target
- Secondary ion source for pre-cleaning and assist during deposition
- Up to 6 water cooled target materials on a rotational holder
- Additional tilt of target surface
- Very short coating times are precisely controllable e.g. for thin barrier layers
Principle of Operation
- Multilayer films for X-ray mirrors
- Gradient coatings (e.g. Göbel-mirrors)
- Synchrotron mirrors
- Antireflective coatings
- Optical filters
- Ion beam smoothing
- One-dimensional ion beam figuring
Contact Us for more information