The scia Mill 150 Ion Beam Etching (IBE) system is designed for Ion Beam Etching and Milling of single substrates up to 150 mm diameter. Carriers or wafers are loaded via an automatic handling system. Typical applications are the structuring of metal films for MEMS and sensors. The substrate holder has helium backside cooling and can be tilted and rotated.
The scia Mill 150 can be used for Ion Beam Etching (IBE) with inert gases. Additionally the system can be applied for Reactive Ion Beam Etching (RIBE) as well as for Chemically Assisted Ion Beam Etching (CAIBE). Typical applications are in the field of research & development and low volume production.
- Large area IBE
- IBE with inert gases
- RIBE and CAIBE with reactive gases
- Angled etching profiles
- Water cooled substrate holder with helium backside
- Structuring of MEMS and sensors
- Structuring of MRAM
- Structuring of metallic and dielectric multilayers
- Ion Beam Smoothing
- Reactive etching of III/V Semiconductors
- (e.g. GaAs, GaN, InP)
Contact Us for more information