Dual Ion Beam Deposition (DIBD)
The scia Coat 200 is designed for homogeneous coating of 200 mm substrates, such as wafers. Typical applications of the system are multilayer films for magnetic sensors or optical coatings.
The scia Coat 200 applies a beam from a focused broad beam ion source onto a sputter target. The beam of the assist ion source is directed to the substrate. By ion bombardment it is possible to control film characteristics or pre-clean the substrate.
If the system is equipped with a RF350-e ion beam source as assist source, ion beam milling processes are also available on the same tool.
- Vertical or face-down substrate orientation for minimized particle load
- Circular sputter and assist ion beam sources
- Primary focused broad beam ion source sputters material from a target
- Secondary assist ion beam source irradiates full substrate area
- Up to 4 water cooled target materials on a rotational holder
- Substrate rotation and/or defined rotational angle alignment
- Incidence angle adjusted by substrate stage tilt
Principle of Operation
- Magneto-electric multilayer films (GMR, TMR)
- Optical multilayers
- Dielectric and metal layers
- Sample pre-processing (Cleaning)
Contact Us for more information