- The scia Trim 200 is designed for high precision film thickness trimming in wafer processing. Typical applications of the system are frequency and thickness trimming in manufacturing of acousto-electrical devices and filters such as bulk acoustic wave (BAW) or surface acoustic wave (SAW) devices, localized pole trimming for thin film heads (TFH) and trimming of precision thin film resistors.
The scia Trim 200 is a high volume production system and accommodates a standard semiconductor cassette handling robot. Cluster tools with two process chambers and two cassette load-locks are available.
Principle of Ion Beam Trimming
- A focused broad ion beam with an adjustable spot size of a few millimeters in diameter scans across a wafer surface, varying the dwell time to precisely trim the correct amount of material needed at various locations across the wafer.
- Internal control software calculates the corresponding dwell time map and velocity scan profile for each wafer based on individual input data
- Frequency trimming of bulk acoustic wave (BAW)
- Surface acoustic wave (SAW) filters
- Thickness trimming of Lithium Tantalate, Lithium Niobate or Quartz wafers
- Film thickness error or step height correction in thin film head (TFH) manufacturing
- Dimensional correction in manufacturing of MEMS components
Contact Us for more information